Advice

If I was hired by Baruch College to use new media to improve the college, my first suggestion would be to fix the wifi so that students would be able to access new media. Then I would suggest using new media for online classes. Instead of coming in to school on days where the weather is harsh, professors can go live (real time) and give the lecture. Students should also be able to participate online and do work just like they would if they attended the class in real life. Additionally, professors should have a live chat option as well so that students can ask questions and professors can post the answers so that people with the same question can see.

Comments

  1. Hey Enjia, I love your idea of real-time lectures. As a student who lives about an hour and a half commute away from Baruch, it's nearly impossible to attend my classes during bad weather. I think it would be super helpful if real-time lectures were provided in classes during these times. Also, having a live chat is great in order to ask questions. Im sure I speak for many when I say that this might help students feel more comfortable in asking as many questions as they want online when compared to constantly asking questions in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a terrific idea! I'm one of those 2h commuters myself and any way which would substitute such commute would be really handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea! I think it is fantastic and hopefully it will come true one day. With the evolvement of today’s technology, it might be possible! and I am also one of those students whose commute takes about an hour and half today, due to the train delays. It is hard and not safe commuting to school in bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enjia,
    Great idea! I think that would be the teaching mode of future college courses and we are soon there. There are many advantages to your virtual class. It is more efficient in teaching, no more long commutes, and it allows people from anywhere to listen. Therefore, I think technology will have a huge impact to the way people go to school in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although professors giving online presentations live sounds amazing, the honest truth is that people will probably leave their laptops open and browse social media. Good idea though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts