Creativity and New Media

With new media tools I was able to create my own pixelated character in a game I use to play in my childhood called Maplestory. I can dress up my avatar, change the hair style, hair color, and eyes to anyway that I like. However the limitations are that there are selections and not unlimited hairstyles that I can create on my own. What's great about this game is the different chat functions that allow me to talk to different groups of people such as my friends group, party group, guild group, and also 'all' where everyone that is in the same map as me can see. This game allows people from all over United States to play so you can talk to people from different parts of the country! There is other servers for different countries; if people from other countries decide to download the US server, they can.


This picture is my avatar

This picture shows random real people that are online in the same map as me







This picture shows the different chat groups

Comments

  1. I used to play maplestory mobile but i feel like games that depend on gear or getting better destroys creativity. At the end of the day, the end goal of the players is to have the best gear and what not. So by having the best gear everyone will look the same when the end is narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't it maplestory? i still remember i was playing it about 10 years ago...
    I enjoyed changing hair style, clothes and weapons for my characters!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts